1. V. Rakesh, Goswami, P, 2014, Impact of data assimilation on high-resolution rainfall forecasts: A spatial, seasonal and category analysis. Journal of Geophysical Research (Accepted)
2. V. Rakesh, Goswami, P, and V. S. Prakash, 2014. Evaluation of High Resolution Rainfall Forecasts over Karnataka for southwest and northeast Monsoon Seasons 2011, Meteorological Applications (Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, UK) (In Press, DOI: 10.1002/met.1438).
3. P. Goswami, V. Rakesh, G. K. Patra and V. S. Prakash “Real-time quantitative rainfall forecasts at hobli-level over Karnataka: evaluation for the winter monsoon 2010, Current Science, vol. 102, no. 10, 25 May 2012
4. V Rakesh and P Goswami, “Impact of background error statistics on forecasting of tropical cyclones over the north Indian Ocean”, Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 116, d20130, doi:10.1029/2011jd015751, 2011
5. V Rakesh and P Goswami, "Impact of background error statistics on 3D-Var assimilation: case study over the Indian region ", Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 112, 63-79, 2011
6. V. Bongirwar, V. Rakesh, C. M. Kishtawal, and P. C. Joshi, “Impact of Satellite Observed Microwave SST on the Simulation of Tropical Cyclones”, Natural Hazards, 58, 929–944, doi: 10.1007/s11069-010-9699-y, 2011
7. V. Rakesh , R. Singh and P. C. Joshi, “Impact of satellite soundings on the simulation of heavy rainfall associated with Tropical depressions”, Natural Hazards, 58, 945–980, doi: 10.1007/s11069-010-9700-9, 2011
8. V. Rakesh , R. Singh, and P. C. Joshi, “Evaluation of mesoscale model forecasts over the Indian region during Monsoon 2006”, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 168, 919-943, doi: 10.1007/s00024-010-0153-6, 2011
9. V. Rakesh , R. Singh, P. K. Pal and P. C. Joshi, “Impact of four dimensional assimilation of satellite data on long-range simulations over the Indian region during monsoon 2006", Advances in Space research, 46, , 895–908, 2010
10. V. Rakesh , R. Singh and P. C. Joshi, “Intercomparison of the performance of MM5/WRF with and without satellite data assimilation in short range forecast applications over the Indian region ", Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 105, 133–155, 2009
11. V. Rakesh , R. Singh, P. K. Pal and P. C. Joshi , “Impact of satellite observed surface wind and total precipitable water on WRF short-range forecasts over Indian region during monsoon 2006”, Weather and Forecasting, 24,1706-1731, 2009
12. V. Rakesh , R. Singh, D. Yuliya, P. K. Pal and P. C. Joshi, “Impact of variational assimilation of MODIS thermodynamic profiles in the simulation of western disturbance”, International journal of remote sensing, 30, No. 18, , 4867–4887, 2009
13. P. K. Pal, Rakesh V , R. Singh, and P.C. Joshi , “Impact of satellite derived land surface parameters in regional climate simulations over India”, Hydrology review (Jalvigyan Sameeksha), 22, 133-156, 2007
14. V Rakesh, R. Singh, P.K. Pal and P.C. Joshi, “Sensitivity of mesoscale model forecast during a satellite launch to different cumulus parameterization schemes in MM5”, Pure and Applied Geophysics (PAGEOPH), 164, 8-9, 1617-1637, 2007
1. Shruti Jha, V Rakesh, V B Gupta and M Anand , “Impact of Staellite Observed Sea Surface Temperature on Forecasting of Tropical Cyclone over the Indian Ocean”, International Conference on Information & Communication Engineering, ISBN: 978-81-31703-83-2, 28, June, 2013.
2. Anand M, V Rakesh and Sashi Kumar D R, “Impact of model resolution in simulating high impact weather systems”, International Conference on Information & Communication Engineering, ISBN: 978-81-31703-83-2, 28, June, 2013.
3. Anand M, V Rakesh and D R Sashi Kumar, “High resolution Numerical Simulations of High Impact Weather Systems”, Proceedings of the National conference “Decision Science and Big Data (NCDSBD-13)”, BTL Institute of Technology and Management, Bangalore, India, 30, April 2013.
4. V Rakesh, “Role of Background Error Statistics in Mesoscale Data Assimilation”, Proceedings of Brainstorming on ‘Study of Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Coupling and Extreme Events’ (SOLACE), 07-09 March 2013, Guwahati, Assam.
5. P Goswami, E V S P Rao, K C Gouda and V Rakesh, “Dynamic agriculture planning through long-range, crop-specific forecast – A futuristic strategy for sustainable agriculture in a changing climate” Lead papers, Vol 1, 3rd International Agronomy Congress, Nov. 26-30, 2012, New Delhi, India.
6. P Goswami and V Rakesh, “Impact of assimilation of meso-scale data on simulations of urban weather: case study over Delhi”, Proceedings of the joint SRNWP workshop on Data Assimilation and Ensemble Prediction Systems, Bologna, Italy, 23-25 February 2011.
7. V Rakesh and P Goswami, " A comparative assessment of background error statistics in assimilation: case studies of tropical cyclone tracks over the north Indian Ocean", Proceedings of the joint SRNWP workshop on Data Assimilation and Ensemble Prediction Systems" held on 23-25 February 2011 in Bologna, Italy
8. V. Rakesh, R. Singh, P.K. Pal and P. C. Joshi, “Impact of land surface data on simulated monsoon regional climate during contrasting episodes of the Indian summer monsoon”, Proceedings of the international conference on Impact of climate change on Agriculture, Space Application Centre, India, 17-18, December, 2009.
9. V. Rakesh, R. Singh, P.K. Pal and P. C. Joshi, Intercomparison of MM5/WRF with 3D-Var assimilation system for short-range forecast applications over Indian region during monsoon 2006” Proceedings of the international conference on Progress in weather and climate modelling over Indian region, NCMRWF, India, 9-12, December, 2008.
10. V Rakesh, R Singh, P.K. Pal, P C Joshi, S Agarwal and V K Dadhwal, “Impact of soil moisture initialization on simulated Indian summer monsoon by a regional model”, Proceedings of the national conference on “Impacts of climate change with special reference to agriculture”, Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Tamilnadu, 22-24, August, 2007.
11. P K Pal, R. Singh, Rakesh V and P C Joshi, “Climate Simulation over Indian Region using Satellite derived Surface data”, Proceeding of the international workshop on Monsoon Climate Variability and Change, and Their Impacts on Water, Food, and Health in Western India”, Nirma University, Gujarat, India, 5-7 February,2007.
12. V. Rakesh ,R. Singh, P.K. Pal and P.C. Joshi, " Quantitative evaluation of PSU-NCAR MM5 forecasts over Indian region for monsoon 1998", Proceedings of SPIE, 6404N, Remote Sensing and Modeling of the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Interactions, Editors, Tiruvalam N. Krishnamurti, B. N. Goswami, Toshiki Iwasaki, doi:10.1117/12.693963, 2006
13. P K Pal, R. Singh, Rakesh V and P C Joshi, "Regional Climate Simulations studies over India", Proceedings of INDO- UK workshop on earth observations for weather and climate, Space application centre (ISRO), Ahmedabad, India, March 28-30, 2006.
14. V. Rakesh, R. K. Jana ,R. Singh, P. K. Pal and P. C. Joshi, " Sensitivity of mesoscale model forecast to convective parameterization schemes in MM5", Proceedings of the international conference on mesoscale processes in Atmosphere, Ocean, and Environment, IIT Delhi, India, February 14-17, 2006.
1. P Goswami, Rakesh V, Patra G. K., and Prakash V S, “Operational Real time quantitative Rainfall Forecasts at Hobli- Level over Karnataka State: Evaluation for the Winter Monsoon 2010”, Research Report, CM 1102, June 2011, 25 pp.
2. Randhir Singh, R.K. Jana, Rakesh. V ,P. K. Pal and P C Joshi, “Statistical evaluation mesoscale model forecast during PSLV-C6 launch”, SAC/RESIPA/MOG/ASD/Meso-SR/04/2005
1. Atmospheric and Oceanic Mesoscale Processes, 2007, 10.1007/978-3-7643-8493-7, 978-3-7643-8492-0, Pageoph Topical Volumes, Birkhäuser Basel, Springer Publications.